Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday: Night Owls, Early Birds

IT'S TEA TIME!

 Yes, I know, you just couldn't wait to be in my presence again after so long! 

 Obviously, that's not the case, you probably came back because you're bored and have nothing else to do, and I actually haven't been gone for that long at all and this is probably an extremely cinnacle way of putting all of this. Hardy-har-har!

 And on that note...

 So, there isn't really much going on today. But last night I literally couldn't sleep, it was horrible. Not even kidding, I fell asleep at ten something (#nightowl), woke up at 1:00 (#earlybird), fell asleep again, woke up at 3:04 (that was an estimate), fell asleep again, woke up again at 5:30, fell asleep again, woke up again at 6:40, fell asleep again, and finally woke up and braved through the half-awake, half-asleep stage for a half hour.

 Oh, hehe, I just noticed, in the parentheses previously, I said #nightowl and #earlybird. There's actually a song by Foxes called that. I LOVE it.

                                                NIGHT OWLS, EARLY BIRDS!
                                WIDE-EYED LOOKIN' LIKE YOU'RE UNDER A CURSE!
                               SAVE ME, SAVE ME, GO UNDERNEATH THE GROUND!
                                              A WILD FIRE INSIDE ME BURNS!
                                    WHY DO I LOOK LIKE I'M WEAR FOR WORSE?
                               SAVE ME, SAVE ME, GO UNDERNEATH THE GROUND!

 I'm telling you, this is the hard life of a homeschooler! Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. I'm HOMESCHOOLED! WHOOPEE!

 For those of you who go to a public/private school, let me explain homeschool. People always react differently when I tell them I'm homeschooled. Most people are like, Oh my GOD! You're so lucky, you probably get to sleep in and do half days, and take off all the time, and get free time, and have snacks, and watch movies, and read books, and you don't have homework, and you can just stay in your pajamas all day! 

 Yeah, no.

 Some of that is true to a certain level. I'm going to go through it one by one, 'kay? 'Kay.

 (1) I am allowed to sleep in if I had a late night the day before, or if I'm sick, or if I have a tiring schedule for the afternoon. Otherwise, I actually love to get up early. Being the only one awake is really fun, and I can get things done before school starts. Pro.

 (2) No, I don't get half days too often. Only when my family has a loong schedule for the day, or have to stay out late. Pro./con.

 (3) I'm actually not allowed to take off school for holidays! I mean, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and my birthday (I count that as a personal holiday), but not the Fourth of July, Valentine's Day, President's Day, and things like that. Con.

 I complain a lot about that...

 (4) Hm, free time. I get a longer lunch break, sometimes I finish school early, and if I get up early enough, I have more than an hour of that before I start. So, I guess? Pro...?

 (5) Snacks. Can't say nada to that... hehehehehehehehe... Pro.

 (6) Movies. No. Never. Ever. Con.

 (7) Read books. Sometimes. Usually for school, though. Pro./con.

 (8) Homework. That's definitely a pro.

 (9) Pajamas all day? I'm definitely allowed to, but I hate doing it. Fact: Studies have shown that you feel more awake when you change from pajamas into clothes. I haven't worn pajamas during the day since.

 So, there you go. That's a list of everything people have right, and what they have wrong. Trust me, I have other friends who are homeschooled, and it turns out, we all agree.

 Time to party! Sit down!

 Word of the Day: Constituent. Look it up.

 Song of the Day: Night Owls, Early Birds - Foxes. Come on, people, we knew it.

 Random Fact: While everyone assumes the "G" stands for "Green Bay," the oval logo actually stands for "Greatness." The Packers hold a trademark on the logo which was created by equipment manager George Braisher back in 1961. [Copied, again. But... wow. Now I have a record of one thing I know about football that my dad doesn't!]

 Random Fact About Me: My room has gone through three different wall colors. In order: lilac, mint green, and pink, the current color. I plan to paint it white in the summer.

 Today's Prophecy: Tomorrow, I will wake up at 7: 47. Completely random, but I stand by my word. By the way, I actually haven't finished March (Conspiracy 365, yesterday's prophecy), but I still have the afternoon...

 So, yeah guys! This is today's post, hope you enjoyed it enough to want to come back and party, sit down, smell the roses, whatever ya wanna do! Please comment, like, and subscribe. JK, this is not Youtube. But, really, do comment. Then you can join the party!

 I won't discriminate, though. You could also join the sit-down...

 Love you guys (do I?) I have no doubt that I love you guys... keyboard just, hehe, wanted to have some fun with parentheses and question marks! Bad... keyboard...? 

                                                                                                             - Alice Eastburn

No comments:

Post a Comment