Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday: Shut Up And Dance

The day we waited for all week! It's HERE!!!

 So, did anyone figure out what was so special (to me) about today? 

 Here's your answer, if you didn't: this is my 13th blog post! Which makes me want get up and dance!!!

 Be strong.

                                         OH DON'T YOU DARE LOOK BACK,
                                            JUST KEEP YOU EYES ON ME,
                                            I SAID 'YOU'RE HOLDING BACK,
                                                 SHE SAID, 'SHUT UP! 
                                                 AND DANCE WITH ME!

 Let's get back to it...

 I don't actually know why I love the number thirteen sooo much, but I do, so... yeah. I guess I just like the fact that everyone else is like 'no way jose, it's unlucky!', and how it's actually not unlucky! The only reason that it's considered 'unlucky' is because 13 is, in some ways, connected with many unfortunate events. Here's a list of the known reasons, but if you are easily disturbed, I must warn you that some are a teeny bit violent:

1. There were 13 people at the Last Supper. It’s said that Judas Iscariot — the one who betrayed Jesus — was the 13th man to take his place at the table.
2. Similarly, there’s a Norse legend that has 12 gods sitting down to a banquet when the 13th (uninvited) god, Loki, shows up. Loki killed one of the other gods, which led to events that eventually resulted in Ragnarok — the death of a bunch of gods, a slew of natural disasters, and the eradication of everything on earth save for two human survivors. There’s a lot more to the story than that, but you get the general idea.
3. Let’s go back to Christianity for a moment. Many Christians believe that Jesus was crucified on Friday. Researchers, however, believe that it wasn’t a case of Friday the 13th lore - it was possibly something like Friday, April 3, 33 A.D. But that doesn’t mean the 13th is off the hook.Many Christians also believe that the Cain and Abel debacle took place on that date.
4. Traditionally, there used to be 13 steps leading up the gallows. There’s also a legend that a hangman’s noose traditionally contained 13 turns, but it’s actually more like eight.
5. Apollo 13 is the only unsuccessful moon mission (intended to get men on the moon, anyway) thus far. An oxygen tank exploded and the survival of the astronauts on board was pretty touch-and-go for several days, but they did all come home safely in the end (but you already knew that).
6. There was a mass arrest and execution of the Knights Templar on Friday, October 13, 1307.
7. According to Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants, there are 13 dirty words.Squidward must be a George Carlin fan, because he responded that he thought there were only seven. “Not if you’re a sailor,” Mr. Krabs replied.
8. Although a coven is now just considered to be any group of witches (or vampires, if you’re into a certain young adult series about sparkly supernaturals), it was once believed that a coven was made up of exactly 13 members.
9. There’s an old superstition that says if you have 13 letters in your name, you’re bound to have the devil’s luck. Silly, yes, but slightly more convincing when you consider that Charles Manson, Jack the Ripper, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all contain 13 letters (I know, I know, what about their middle names?).
10. Kids officially become teenagers at the age of 13, and we all know that’s a scary phase.
11. In numerology, the number 12 is considered to be the representation of perfection and completion. It stands to reason, then, that trying to improve upon perfection by adding a digit is a very bad idea indeed — your greed will be rewarded with bad luck.
12. In the late 1800s, there was a group called The Thirteen Club. Their purpose was to debunk the legend that seating 13 people at a table would result in the death of one of them in the year to follow. They met on the 13th of the month and had dinner 13 people to a table, and to make matters worse, they purposely spilled salt on the table without throwing it over their shoulders. The horror! They also fined members who showed up late — 13 cents, of course. Members of the club included five U.S. presidents: Benjamin Harrison, Grover Cleveland, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt and Chester A. Arthur. I’m not sure if it’s worth noting that two of these presidents were shot — one fatally, of course — but I’ll mention it anyway. And, if you’re keeping track, Chester A. Arthur only became president because he was vice when Garfield was assassinated.
13. Friday, October 13, 1972, was a bad day in the history of aviation. That’s the day that Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 infamously crashed in the Andes, killing 29 people. On the exact same day, 174 people were killed when a Soviet Aeroflot crashed in a lake about a kilometer from the runway. [Just to let you guys know, I did not write all this, this is copied, and if it's violating copywright laws or something, I am so sorry, and none of it was intended. But this seemed like the best, most summarized list of it all, so I took it.]
 I know it was long, but those are the main reasons why 13 is considered unlucky. To me, it's all quite interesting, and just proves how much we should support the number! :)
 That makes no sense...
 Because it's my 13 blog post, I will show you a picture of the most...
 FLOWERY THING IN THE WORLD...
 This is the Dubai Flower Garden, the most extravagant flower garden in the world!
 THE MOST GALACTIC PICTURE IN THE WORLD!

  I dunno, it's a random picture of the galaxy that I'm not sure is real or fake, but we're gonna go with awesome, alright? Alright.
 AND FINALLY, THE MOST RED (and beautiful, to me, at least) PICTURE IN THE WORLD (that I've seen...)!

 I don't know who originally took this picture, but I found it on the Facebook page Red Color. It's an account on which a (wonderful) person compiled an enormous picture-list of the most beautiful red things in the world. Whoever did that, you're amazing!!!
 FUN WITH FACTS!!!
 Word of the Day: Triskaidekaphobia. Hmm. I wonder.
 Song of the Day: Shut Up And Dance - Walk the Moon. Not the biggest fan... but I can totally jam out to it.
 Random Fact: In Italy, thirteen is a LUCKY number! You little rebels... I like you.
 Random Fact About Me: I have exactly nine American Girl dolls, with countless accessories (none of which I actually use anymore...)
 Today's Prophecy: I will not see my grandparents tomorrow. Not that I don't want to, I'd love to! Always do! It's just that I'm almost positive that I will, so I want to see what happens if I say that I won't...
 I'm so happy that everyone came to party today! I am very excited that this has been my thirteenth blog post on this blog, which I will not provide the link to, as you are most likely (almost definitely) already on it, if you're reading this...
 Something that I think is funny is that, completely on accident, my other (forgotten?) blog has exactly thirteen posts! I don't know how that happened. 
 AHH MAYBE THIRTEEN IS UNLUCKY AND TRICKED ME INTO THE TERRIFYING THOUGHT THAT I GOT BORED OF MY BLOG, WHICH I QUITE POSSIBLY DIDN'T, AND MAYBE I CREATED THIS BLOG UNDER THE MISTAKEN ASSUMPTION THAT THE OTHER ONE WASN'T GOOD FOR MY HEALTH AND MAYBE I'M A CRAZY PERSON WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NUMBER THIRTEEN AND THE WORD FRIDAY!
 Any-who...
 LOL, obviously that was all a joke, but, really, I do think it's interesting that I got bored of it after exactly thirteen post!
 DUN, DUN, DUN.
 I love all of you so much and I hope you'll come back and sit down with me! Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday! *throws a kiss*
                                                                                                              - Alice Eastburn 

No comments:

Post a Comment