Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday: Try

Sundays = Fundays!

 Okay, not really... I just love plays on words... hehehehehe...he?

 I told you I was gonna have a spa day today, but what I meant was spa afternoon. In the afternoons on Sundays, I stop going outside and stuff early, so that I can do, like, the things I need to do. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post pictures of the exact things I use, but I'll try.

 Forgive my soul.

                                    YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRYYYY SOOOO HARD,
                                   YOU DON'T HAVE TO... GIVE IT ALL AWAAAY!
                              YOU JUST HAVE TO GET UP, GET UP, GET UP, GET UP,
                                  YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE A SINGLE THIIING!
                                 YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY, TRY, TRY, TRY-Y-Y,
                                 YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY, TRY, TRY, TRY-Y-Y,
                                 YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY, TRY, TRY, TRY-Y-Y,
                                                  YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY...
                                      YOOOO-OUUUU DON'T HAVE TO TRYYY-Y!

 But, it's not quite the afternoon yet, so... yeah. My dad can probably help me with the upload (he's good with stuff like this. I'm not...) once he get's back from whatever he's doing.

 Aww, yay! My dog is actually sleeping on the floor of my room! She never does! She's a poodle, and she has this attachment to my mom, like if they're separated for a second, the world will explode.

 OMG she is soooo cute, I wish you guys could hear the noises she's making in her sleep! *faints from the cute overload*

 Darn, she just realized that Mom left. *peeks out window* Oh, Dad's home. Brb.

 Okay, back! There was some confusion about what cord to use to download the pictures, but eventually it worked out.

 Here's my routine for Sunday afternoons, even if it still isn't afternoon:

 (1) Before showers I brush my hair thoroughly with a brush. Just a plain old brush, not specific or anything. I know you're supposed to use a comb, but I only use those for the occasional knot. I also wash my hair on Sundays, so I'm fresh and clean for the week. I wash my hair about three times a week, and I do work out, literally every day, and yes, I use hairspray and even hair gel every day, and no, my hair does not smell bad. 

 #iknowthequestionsbeforeyouaskthem

 (2) So, once I'm in the shower I shampoo (duh) with this one that I've literally been using for years. It works really well, and it's not that shampoo that your hair seems like it gets used to, and doesn't work after a week:


 If you can't see what it says, it's TRESemme Shampoo 'for dry and damaged hair'. My hair is neither dry nor damaged, but, still, it works like a charm. 
 BTW, it's not a dry shampoo, if you were wondering. You don't even need that much, just a few drops. 
 I tend to go overboard with it, but only for the sake of fun, foamy-and-bubbly hair that you get when you combine the want for the luxurious feeling of rubbing soap around in your hair with the want of seeing all that white rinse out and leave your hair looking gorgeous!!! :)
 It also works well with the next product on the list.


 (3) After rinsing it out, I put in a whole bunch of conditioner (I use a lot because it feels like it makes my hair more silky, not because it does...) and rub it around. People are always asking me what conditioner I use because they're like, oh my god, you're hair is so silky! Here's the conditioner that I have been faithful to for years:

 This is also a TRESemme product. It's amazing. You apply it however you personally apply your own, but the technique I use really untangles your hair. 
 Basically, separate your hair into four sections (at the least), and use a squirt of conditioner for each one, rubbing it up and down the strand. I pile my hair on top of my head while I use my washcloth on my arms and legs and neck, etc., so it doesn't get soapy or accidentally rinsed a little. It also gives the conditioner more time to work its magic, since I don't take my hair down until I've rinsed all the soap off. When you take the strands down, run your fingers through them so they're less tangled when your hair is dry. Then rinse them each out separately, and eventually rinse your whole head. It can take a while, and when untangling, it can hurt a bit, but, for me, the results are really good: silky and shiny.

 Next, I shave, which we are not going to talk about...

 Before performances, I usually use this cleanser, but only because of what it says it does, not because of what it does. It looks like this,

and it's actually up&up (Target brand), but honestly, it does nothing for me except make my face burn a bit if it stays on too long. Like, burn, sort of burn. I don't know if this is what other cleansers do, but it also leaves my face a bit burnt-looking. 
 But that's so weird because it says: 'for all skin types. Mild, non-irritating formula, softens as it cleans.'
 Hehehe, well, I think this is the sort of thing that we would put down as 'human error'...

 Next, I towel off, get dressed, and all that. Then I do all the primping. I think that's what you would call it...

I do my nail polish first, but first, I have to get the leftover nail polish off. I use this:


Not kidding, this is just something I got from Publix, but it works really well. I just pour a few drops onto a sheet of toilet paper or paper towel (anything like that works), and rub it over each of my nails. It takes a few sheets, but it's gone pretty quickly.
 The one complaint I have is that it's nearly impossible to get a small drop on a sheet without spilling some, or soaking the entire sheet. :(
 Oh, and if you sniff it, you want to throw up from the smell. That's actually my fault, though, who (with a brain) actually opens the lid and takes a whiff of that strong stuff? Oh. That's right. Me....................... ................................................................................... :(


 The nail polish is... CHARMING... hehehehehehehehehehehe...

 Sorry the image is so small, but it's basically this gorgeous Revlon nail polish that's an amazing (charming) lavender color. I got it in the shade 211, and it's amazing. I've only worn it once, but I LOVE IT!
 If you haven't yet gotten any Revlon nail polishes, you definitely should. They're all really smooth-looking, and great quality.
 GOOD STUFFS, MAN, GOOD STUFFS...!!!
 I then blow on it and, ya know, wait for it to dry. Once it's dried, I swear it glows. Beautiful.




 After that, I use lotion.

 Sorry, no idea why it's sideways, it just turned out that way, bad camera! 
 But it's an EOS product, one of the two (three?) different scented hand lotions. It's cucumber, smells amazing, feels great, results well.
 Yeah, it does it all.

 Then I use a bit of under-eye concealer for the circles under my eyes.

I know that this picture sucks because you literally can't see a thing except the product shape and color, but it's a bareMinerals product. It says: WELL-RESTED - Face And Eye Brightener.
 It's amazing.
 If you put it on for several days in a row, your circles will vanish considerably, and it's basically this twisty thing that squirts the concealer onto the built-in applicator brush. You brush it underneath your eye, and rub it around with your finger a bit.
 The one problem is it's pricy. I don't know the exact cost, but I remember it being way more than it should.
 Thank God I don't need to buy it any time soon...

 And that, my friends, was my Sunday routine, along with recommendations and a veto! I hope it was helpful to you in some way or other, and, if not, at least it might have saved you from whatever state of boredom you must have been in if you actually chose to visit my blog! And if it only added to your boredom, well, I am terribly sorry! :(

 FUN WITH FACTS!

 Word of the Day: Interlocutor. The Search Box is calling you.

 Song of the Day: Try - Colbie Caillat (<3 her!)

 Random Fact: Galleon or Gold-Galleon (ʛ) is the most valued coin of the wizarding currency. One Galleon is equal to 17 Sickles or 493 Knuts. Galleons are made of gold. In the late 20th century, the Galleon was also equivalent to £4.97 GBP, or $10.17 USD. (We now interrupt this program to bring you the foot-long volume of the technical properties of every existing object in a world known as Harry's Heaven! ;))

 Random Fact About Me: I didn't make this post in one sitting. I started in the morning and worked on it on and off to whatever time this went up!

 Today's Prophecy: Since I wasn't able to obtain the sacred viewership of the blessed Fault in Our Stars this weekend, I'll try something not related to what I want. How about... I predict that tomorrow will be the last day of my Shakespeare class. (I actually know it will, the term's over...)

 Be sure to check in next week (tomorrow...) for a new post. I intend to do them daily, and now I can say that tomorrow is my first full week of doing the blog anniversary!

 Love you all sooo much! Bye!
                                           
                                                                                                              - Alice Eastburn










No comments:

Post a Comment