Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday: Reflection

So, guys, whatcha wanna do today?

 *IDK Alice, read your amazing blog?*

 That'll do.

 JK, I didn't mean  any of that (it's a JOKE), but, really, what do you want to read about today? Oh, I have something! YAY!!!

 So, on Tuesday, you know how I said that I had such a long day that I redid the Liebster Award Tag so that it was Tuesday's post? Well, I could have very well done a refreshed Tuesday post. Because of the serious storm, ballet was canceled! So I had plenty of time!

 Though I wasn't actually allowed to use Internet during the storm...

 I am so tired... I go crazy every night trying to fall asleep fast! It doesn't work...

 Something random, I have wall art all over my room! Not counting my calendar or the heart frame i already showed you, I have five pieces. And my room isn't the biggest in the world.

 Here are pictures:


 My grandparents got me this for Christmas, and I love it. I told everyone that I loved wall art and showed them some of the stuff I might want.

 This was something I actually picked out, and they told me they might or might not get it, but, to keep it a surprise, they... might or might not get it!

  I love the phrase:

             "There is happiness to be found 
                    in every moment"

 That's a good phrase, don't you think? It's positive, and I'm all over positivity! Right? Aren't I? Guys...

 I knew it.



This is a picture my mother actually had in her room when she was younger, and now it's mine!

 I guess you could call it an heirloom, if heirlooms can be called heirlooms if they've only been 'passed down' once...

 BTW it's only the flowers, the stuff underneath it are just stuff I have on my dresser...

 Funny story, how I got it: Thanksgiving day (if you don't know what that is or live in somewhere that isn't America, it's a holiday to celebrate the pilgrims' truce and survival with the Indians), my grandparents got here, I ran out to greet them, and Grandma told me she had a "little present" for me.  

 She took something out of the car, and turned around wielding a foot and a half long, heavy picture of a beautiful vase of flowers! Yeah. I couldn't ask for a "littler" gift.
 That's why I love her!


This is actually not something I bought. I made this in an art class years ago, and I've had it ever since.


 Basically, we took a long piece of long, rough paper, and, using a cup, drew a circle for the moon. 

 Then we painted blue all around it. Taking a straw, and ink, we blew the ink around with the straw, creating a sort of cactus shape. 

 With pastels of our choice (color-wise), we drew simple flower shapes on the cactus. 

 Then the instructors hot-glued wooden craft sticks to both ends of the paper, and attached a string so it could hang.

 So ends my tutorial.


I got this in the same batch as the "There is happiness to be found in every moment" thing. 

 BTW, it's a mirror with a symmetrical design across it, so the stuff you see at the bottom of the frame is just the reflection of me taking a picture with my Kindle not part of the mirror.

                          WHO IS THAT GIRL I SEE, 
                    STARING STRAIGHT BACK AT ME?
                   WHY IS MY REFLECTION SOMEONE
                                I DON'T KNOW?
                        SOMEHOW I CANNOT HIDE,
                     WHO I AM, THOUGH I'VE TRIED,
                   WHEN WILL MY REFLECTION SHOW,
                               WHO I AM, INSIDE?

 Just a little Mulan jamming...


I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this one!

 I actually recieved this baby on Christmas morning, which I find hilarious. 

 "TODAY WILL BE A GREAT DAY..." 

 Wow, really? I didn't know Christmas could be a good day, but, if you say so, I'll consider it a Christmas miracle...

 I hung this right next to my bed, so I see it every morning almost immediately. It's... inspirational...

 DUH...


 TIME FOR FUN WITH FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Word of the Day: Cogitation. It sounds more like 'constipation' than it's meaning...

 Song of the Day: Reflection - Mulan/Disney. It's not a horrible thing is it?

 Random Fact: The only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still standing is the Great Pyramid of Giza. [Awwww]

 Random Fact About Me: It's not uncommon for my friends to tell me that I'm perfect, and I still can't figure out why...

 Today's Prophecy: It will be cold tomorrow. Seems likely.

 Today's post, did you like it? I hope so. If you enjoyed it, please comment, all you have to do is go to the comment section and let me know that someone (you) viewed it and liked it. That's it. I just like to know...

 Love you all, like, impossibly! I don't care how valley-girl that sounds, but, like, I do!

                                                                                                               - Alice Eastburn

No comments:

Post a Comment