Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday: Good Morning

Today has been such a LAZY DAY.

 OMGGG...

 GAAHHH. I AM SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SOOOO TIRED... I KNEW I'D FEEL THIS WAY THE WHOLE DAY AS SOON AS I WOKE UP AND NOW I'M SO SAAAAADDD. 

 Moving on...

 So, last night I was up much too late reading this wonderful book. I probably shouldn't have been doing that. I was also (BTW) reading it on my Kindle screen, which I definitely shouldn't have been doing...

 Anyway, it's a wonderful book called A Fractured Light, the sequel to A Beautiful Dark. Here's the summary of the first book (without spoilers), so maybe you'll check it out: A teenage girl named Skye  is going to her seventeenth birthday party (which was held against her will by her best friend, Cassie, as was every year) at Love the Bean, where one of her best friends (Ian, who is not-so-secretly in love with her) works. 

 After getting there and having fun for a while, she feels like she needs some air, so she goes onto the porch. A hot dude with tan skin, dark hair, and dark eyes startles her accidentally, then starts talking weirdly and mysteriously. He leaves, and she goes back inside. 

 She goes to the bathroom a little bit later and is startled to find that her eyes are glowing liquid silver. It's only happened once before, and she still doesn't know why. 

 She finds two guys (one of which she just met) arguing in the hallway outside, complete opposites, at least in looks. Their argument travels into the main room, where it  quickly turns into a fist fight. Skye gets in the way accidentally, and both of the guys are instantly scared that they hurt her badly. 

 They start classes at her school and she can't get away from them. She sort of likes them both, but there are several incidents that can't go unexplained. Eventually they tell her the truth.

 Sorry if I made that too generic at the end, I didn't mean to... 

 BTW, it sounds like I told you everything that happens in the book, but the first four paragraphs' content you literally find out in the first three chapters. The fifth one is an extremely drawn out problem that covers a lot of the pages.

 Just a warning, though, there is a tiny bit of language. The 'B Word' appears two or three times in the first two books, no idea about the third. Also, in the second, the 'S Word' is used once. Another thing, it's actually more college level in the telling (not in language, I mean, more in style), and a few references to sex are made. Just a warning.

 Anyway, I LOVE the book, and I would totally recommend it! 

 Here's a picture, isn't it awesome?




 IT'S AWESOME, UH-HUH! IT'S AWESOME, UH-HUH!

 If I seem obsessed, it's not because I am, it's because I come across as obsessed whenever I'm talking  to someone about something I'm a fan of, even slightly.

 I'm spending too much time on a book you've never heard of. Let's move on.

 I don't know what to do or say... 'cuz I'm BOOOORED!

 It's 9:36 and I feel like I should have something to say? I'm crazy. Officially.

 CELEBRITY REVIEW!!! BECAUSE WE ALL LIKE THOSE, RIGHT?


Shailene Woodley! AAAAHHHH!!!!
 Huge fan of hers, I haven't even seen ONE movie she's been in...
 But I watch the interviews, so it counts...
 Anyway, I just like everything about her! She's pretty, she's sweet, she has that cool voice crack on certain syllables, she's conservative, she's positive, she's healthy (yeah, people, throwin' that in the incredibly large mix), she can sing... oh, gosh, have you heard her 'Good Morning'? She didn't come up with it, but she sings it every morning as soon as she wakes up!
                     GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING!
              WE'VE TALKED THE WHOLE NIGHT THROUGH!
                  GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING, 
                                       TO YOU!

 She doesn't sing every word, but GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING! are key...


ELLIE GOULDING! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
 I love her music, IT'S AWESOME! If you haven't heard of her, here are the songs you NEED to check out:
 - Burn
 - Lights
 - How Long Will I Love You
 - Love Me Like You Do 
 - Beating Heart
 - I Need Your Love
 - Army [F-Bomb once...]
 - On My Mind
 - Anything Could Happen
 - My Blood
 My personal preference, and I know (to those who know of her) that I'm mostly naming her hits, but, seriously, they're incredible!

 FUN WITH FACTS!!! BECAUSE WE ALL LIKE THOSE, LEFT? Just kidding...

 Word of the Day: Riant

 Song of the Day: Good Morning! - I literally have no idea. Go find out.

 Random Fact: It's 10:08. I should go to bed...

 Random Fact About Me: My favorite element is wind... besides stone/earth, water, and fire!

 Today's Prophecy: It will rain tomorrow. I HOPE! Favorite element, remember? Other than stone/earth, fire, and wind! HEHEHEHEHEHE!

 I LOVE YOU ALL AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT!!! PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN, WE CAN PARTY WITH THE ELEMENTS!!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO GIVE ME IDEAS FOR A GIFT FOR MEH FRIEND!!! LOVE, LOVE, AND LOVE!!! STILL IN CAPS!!!

 Okay, better. 

 Anyway, <3 <3 <3!
                                                                                                                                         - Alice Eastburn

No comments:

Post a Comment