Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday: Can't Blame A Girl For Trying

God, I know it's super late, and I said to expect stuff late on Tuesdays and Thursdays, not Wednesdays, but: what do ya know! It's late.

 Dang it.

 I can't quite find an excuse for this: all day, I thought I would, and I even woke up early to! But I kept on being like, nooo, it's fine, you'll have plenty of time in the evening, and when it was time to leave for ballet (in the evening...) I was like, you'll have time tonight. 

 So I got home late, ate a huge bowl of soup (that takes a whiiile...), took a shower, watched an hour of the tenth season of my favorite show ever, the Voice (will explain in a minute), finished it, came back to my room, ready to go to bed, realized I hadn't posted today, and...

 Now that I think about it, there are so many alternate endings to this story. *laughs evilly and rubs hands together like the creepy, overexcited villains who seem to constantly have the need for friction heat*

  - realized I hadn't posted today and...

 ...fainted on the spot.

 ...jumped in the air and banged my head on the ceiling.

 ...decided to record an album of apology.

 ...discovered I could fly.

 ...bought a new bath robe.

 ...looked up the first Katy Perry song I could think of.

 ...decided to stop procrastinating and GET IT DONE ALREADY!!!

 Which one do you think is the truth? You probably know, the first six were extremely unrealistic for a 9:00 pastime...

 Yep, it was... ...decided to stop procrastinating and GET IT DONE ALREADY!!!

 So I was riding the elevator down with my friend, who's a few years older than me, and I've been bugging her to show me her voice for a looong time, so today she did, and...

 ...it was horrible.

 ...it made me wonder why the bathroom at Mellow Mushroom smells scented.

 ...it made me question my life choices.

 ...completely ignored her.

 ...fell in love with it and told her that she needed to record an album, and does she play guitar, and she should make Youtube videos, and I wondered what a duet would sound like...

 That last one is the exact, complete, unedited truth. It was sooooooooooo freaking good!!!

 It makes you question why you bother singing, when someone else is so far above you...

 LOL, just kidding, but it was really, really good, and I do believe she should start a Youtube channel. At the very least.

 Oh, yeah, the Voice. I said I would tell you about it.

 It's a reality show based on singing (as you could probably tell), in which four celebrity vocalists compete for the best aspiring singers, which they eventually pit against each other to see who makes it to the finish. 

 It's super fun to watch, but it does have some rude humor and swear words every once in a while. But other than that, it's awesome, and you should totally go check it out!

 Oh, you know which song my friend and I sang? Can't Blame A Girl For Trying!!! Don't know the song? Let me... illustrate.

                                          CAUSE I'M YOOOUUUNG, AND I'M DUUUUUMB!!!
                               I DO STUPID THINGS, WHEN IT COMES TO LOOOVE!!!
                                       AND EVEN IF I ALWAYS END UP CRYING,
                                  WELL YOU CAN'T BLAME A GIRL FOR TRYING!!!

 One of my favorite songs, you have NO idea how much I sing that...

 FUN WITH FACTS!!! FOR FUN!!!

 Word of the Day: Esurient. I'm not to esurient right now, but I will when I wake up...

 Song of the Day: Can't Blame A Girl For Trying - Sabrina Carpenter. LOVE.

 Random Fact: Candy store owner David Bradley's shop was flooded during a major storm in 1883. As a result of the flood, his entire stock of taffy was soaked with salty Atlantic Ocean water. When a young girl came into his shop and asked if he had any taffy for sale, he is said to have offered some "salt water taffy." [I'm fascinated and I don't even like taffy!]

 Random Fact About Me: My worst, and least favorite subject? Science. What adjective would describe words I throw into everday conversations? Sciency. Here's something I've said (and yes, I do actually know what these words mean!): Sectorial heterochromia. Look it up.

 Today's Prophecy: I will eat half the amount of muffins I ate today. I better, I ate way to many...

 That was today's post, if it seemed rushed, I am so so sorry, that was not intended, but I am trying to do one post a day, as you can probably tell, so forgetting to scared me, and I had to get it done or I'd go to bed feeling guilty!

 I love you all soooo much, please please please comment, it feels so good to hear your opinions!

 Love you, bye!!!

                                                                                                               - Alice Eastburn

No comments:

Post a Comment